Love, trust, connection, learning … and the dishes.
There is so much pressure on parents not to miss a beat after our babies are born, even though there is a great need for recovery and bonding time for the whole family. I can help you to slow down and take the time you need as new parents while ensuring that everyone in the family is cared for and that other important tasks get done.
my role as your postpartum doula:
Postpartum doula care is distinct from nanny or night nurse help in that I support the wellbeing of your whole family--bodies, hearts and minds.
- Caring for a newborn for the first time
- Caring for multiple children
- Feeling overwhelmed by conflicting advice
- Concerned about how becoming parents will impact your relationship
- Recovering from a surgical birth (C-section)
- Especially sensitive to lack of sleep
- Living far away from family and friends
- Not bouncing back from birth the way you had hoped (physically or emotionally)
- Encountering breastfeeding problems
- Bringing a baby home from the NICU
- Single parenting, or with a partner who won’t have much time off of work
- Feeling like parenting isn’t what you expected.
- You want to trust your instincts and you want up-to-date, research-based guidance for infant care, attachment, sibling adjustment and the emotional challenges of parenting.
- You think it’s natural for parents to need support and you want to build your team, ie, you know that it “takes a village.” This is something a lot of us learn the hard way…
- You have been around the block already once or twice with bringing babies home and know how hard it can be.
- You are a new parent who wants to gain confidence without being overwhelmed by conflicting advice from the internet and well-meaning family and friends.
Nurturing care & guidance.
- Physically recover from birth and adjust to the changes in your body
- Enjoy meal preparation that allows you to rest, recover and enjoy family bonding time
Space and time for all the feels.
- Bond with your newborn
- Keep connected to older children as they adjust
- Process all of the changes happening in you, your body and your relationships
Minimizing the overwhelm.
- Get accurate, up to date information
- Connect to the resources you need and want
- Take light housework and errands off your to-do list
Gaining confidence and connection.
- Begin newborn feeding with support for whatever you decide is best for you and your baby
- Build newborn care and soothing skills
- Understand newborn sleep
AS A POSTPARTUM DOULA, I BUILD PARENTS'CONFIDENCE by helping them understand and respond to the needs of their individual babies, while providing the day-to-day support which parents and siblings need. Choose the package that's right for you:
The Whole Family Care and Six Week packages include the option to purchase additional 2-week packages at 10% savings, if my availability allows.
Six Week Postpartum Package
FIND YOUR FOOTING
While you and your family adjust to your “new normal.”